Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. If you are taking any medications daily, please the doctor if you should take them prior to surgery/anesthesia. Some medications that patients take may or may not be required to take the day of surgery. If you are asked to take medications prior to surgery, please take them with a sip of water at least 2 hours prior to your appointment. This has to be reviewed with patients prior to the day of surgery. You will need an adult to drive you home and stay with you for the remainder of the day.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Lincoln, Cataudella, Leibovici or Rubeiz prior to your surgical date for instructions.